WEAVES – these are a great protective style when installed properly, but it is important to make sure that the braid pattern you use isn't too tight
STEP 2: MASSAGE YOUR EDGES NIGHTLY. This sounds tasking but the results are amazing! Listen, there are no shortcuts to growing out your edges and this step is simply a must. When you massage your scalp, you increase the flow of blood in that area and in turn stimulate hair growth.
STEP 3: APPLY THE AFROCURLITAN DIY MAGICAL HAIR GROWTH EXLIXIR TO YOUR EDGES NIGHTLY. The following Afrocurlitan DIY Magical Hair Growth Elixir (sounds fancy right?) recipe is chock full of ingredients that promote hair growth as well as improves the thickness of your hair -
- 1 Cup of Jamaican Black Castor Oil or Castor Oil (stimulates hair growth and hair thickness)
- 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (stimulates hair growth)
- 10 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil (stimulates hair growth)
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour them into a bottle.
- Warm up the bottle in the microwave for 10 - 20 seconds. Make sure it doesn't get too hot!
- Massage a dime to quarter sized amount of the oil into your scalp for 5 to 10 minutes each night.
STEP 4: KEEP YOUR SUPPLEMENT GAME STRONG! Most of us are not willing to eat a slew of different foods for the sake of our hair growth, therefore vitamins supplements can help us fill in what is missing in our diets so that our hair can grow longer and stronger. Although many people take a daily hair, skin and nail supplement, I have found that I have had more success growing out my edges when I take a combination of the following vitamins:
- Bamboo Extract - contains a high amount of silica which helps your body produce collagen, one of the building blocks for hair, skin and nails. It also aids in balancing the female sex hormone, an imbalance of which can lead to hair loss and hair thinning. By bonding with the minerals in our body, silica transports these mineral to the peripherals areas (i.e. hair and nails) thus promoting hair growth.
- MSM/methylsulfonylmethane - this compound is primarily made up of sulfur, one of the key building blocks of hair. It has been shown to increase the rate of hair growth because it extends the body's hair growing cycle.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen - bonds to the hair to strengthen it and prevent breakage.
**You should talk to your doctor before taking any supplements to rule out possible adverse drug interactions and determine the appropriate dosage for your body.**
STEP 5: DRINK UP! Water helps to flush out toxins and provides hydration to your hair follicles. It also aids in carrying minerals and nutrients to different parts of your body, including your hair, skin and nails. It's important that you stay hydrated so that your hair can stay healthy and look lustrous.
You won't have a problem growing out your edges if you follow these five steps!